Mobile App Developer - Auckland
Journey is a team of digital specialists. We love what we do and we do it well. We look after each other and have fun together. We create customer experiences that build loyalty, drive sales and deliver insight. Through a blend of consulting, design and coding, we create websites, mobile apps and software for national and international clients.
Embracing, sharing and living our company values is a core part of your position description.
- Learn Why: For us, it’s important that we all learn about everything we do, and the reason for why we do it – from knowing our clients’ customers and understanding what their business is about, right through to knowing how all our individual tasks contribute to the end goal.
- Be Prepared: Being prepared in everything we do is a key value for us as it all comes back to respect – respecting our clients and each other by being ready before meetings, briefings and communications.
- Never Settle: We place importance on having the drive to improve. We’re constantly striving to elevate the quality of our work and, ultimately, the results we achieve for our clients and the customer journey.
- Be a Radiator: We want to exude positive energy, even in the face of massive challenges. We want to see our people become contagious, inspirational leaders in their own respect.
WHAT’S THE ROLE ABOUT?
We are looking for a native app developer experienced in building mobile apps on either the iOS or Android platform, or both. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the infrastructure. Each Journey Digital project is a highly-collaborative effort, and – as such – a strong team player with a commitment to excellence is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand our client’s requirements.
- Discuss client requirements with colleagues on how best to deliver the job.
- Integrate APIs to support a variety of mobile functionalities.
- Keep up-to-date with concepts, terminologies, and global best practices for the coding of different mobile applications.
- Ensure new applications meet quality standards.
- Adapt already-existing web applications for mobile apps.
- Work collaboratively with others to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- Document project plan and technical specifications.
- Test applications and provide support for each mobile application.
- Understand customer needs and how they translate into an application framework.
- Do bug-fixing.
- Ensure improvement in application performance.
- Ensure continuous evaluation, discovery, implementation, and the maintenance of new technologies so as to maximise the efficiency of development.
- Share your expertise with your colleagues.
- Ensure that every application undergoes testing for usability, robustness, and general reliability.
- Recommend periodic changes and enhancements to mobile applications.
- Contribute to the development of your project schedules and workflows.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of different programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, Swift, Objective-C.
- Ability to build in either native iOS or Android, or both platforms.
- Great organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- An innate curiosity to keep up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in the technology world.
- The ability to interpret technical plans and implement them with excellence.
- Finely-tuned problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to take the initiative without being prompted.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of mobile app consumer behaviours.
- The ability to comprehend and process data efficiently.
- A practical understanding of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design.
- A portfolio of your work that has been launched on app stores.
Ideal skills and experience:
- A high level of creative thinking.
- React Native experience.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Internal staff.