Intermediate Digital Producer - London
Journey is a team of digital specialists. We love what we do and we do it well. We look after each other and have fun together. We create customer experiences that build loyalty, drive sales and deliver insight. Through a blend of consulting, design and coding, we create websites, mobile apps and software for national and international clients.
Embracing, sharing and living our company values is a core part of your position description.
- Learn Why: For us, it’s important that we all learn about everything we do, and the reason for why we do it – from knowing our clients’ customers and understanding what their business is about, right through to knowing how all our individual tasks contribute to the end goal.
- Being prepared in everything we do is a key value for us as it all comes back to respect – respecting our clients and each other by being ready before meetings, briefings and communications.
- We place importance on having the drive to improve. We’re constantly striving to elevate the quality of our work and, ultimately, the results we achieve for our clients and the customer journey.
- We want to exude positive energy, even in the face of massive challenges. We want to see our people become contagious, inspirational leaders in their own respect.
WHAT’S THE ROLE ABOUT?
- Work with the client service team and the client directly to understand the client’s overall business objectives and strategies.
- Work with the wider Journey team to design, develop and deliver solutions for a variety of online projects.
- Develop scope of work documents.
- Manage the development process to minimise scope creep.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Write user stories so all requirements are clear and easy to understand.
- Create and manage sprint plans.
- Run daily project standups.
- Run project retrospectives.
- Facilitate workshops and other requirement-gathering meetings.
- Develop detailed project plans for project delivery.
- Lead and/or facilitate the presentation of deliverables to clients.
- Work with the technical lead and other team members on process improvements, and other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and quality of interactive delivery within the business.
- Prepare project financial reports and monitor billing activity for projects as part of the effort to ensure profitability.
- You'll have strong attention to detail, thrive on a challenge and very a real passion for project management.
- You need to be a highly organised, motivated and be a passionate person that is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take ownership.
- You’ll be great at multi-tasking, juggling many different projects and deadlines every day.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- You’ll identify scope creep and manage a backlog of work
- You’ll be confident to make suggestions and push back where required.
- You’ll have a strong desire to learn and to share your knowledge with your team.
- You’ll be flexible enough to adapt your approach to different team members, helping to motivate others and inspire a positive attitude.
- You’ll excel at managing delivery, with a keen ability to define project objectives including expectations, deadlines and monitoring the progress of your projects against targets.
- You’ll maintain your customer focus, balancing the demands of a variety of customers, and taking pride in the quality of your output in addition to the completion of the task.
- You’ll use your strong oral and written communication skills to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders on your projects.
- You’ll be a very results-oriented individual, anticipating client needs, spotting opportunities for the business and delivering value to our clients.
- You’ll have the ability to interact with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, and manage client expectations to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ideally you’ll have worked on projects where an Agile mindset had to be adopted. Understanding how to deliver projects in any of the Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban would be beneficial.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Technically savvy, with familiarity in digital development technologies, including content management systems and development languages.
- Familiarity with best practices in the digital landscape, including usability, design, development and project management.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams (including creative and technology), by setting project objectives and managing the them.
- 2–5 years of previous experience managing digital development projects (including estimation and project plan development) preferably within a digital agency environment.
- Demonstrated experience through the entire lifecycle of digital development from information architecture to prototyping, user testing, internal testing and bug-fixing.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS FOR THIS ROLE ARE: