Journey is a team of digital specialists. We love what we do and we do it well. We look after each other and have fun together. We create customer experiences that build loyalty, drive sales and deliver insight. Through a blend of consulting, design and coding, we create websites, mobile apps and software for national and international clients.
Embracing, sharing and living our company values is a core part of your position description.
- Learn Why: For us, it’s important that we all learn about everything we do, and the reason for why we do it – from knowing our clients’ customers and understanding what their business is about, right through to knowing how all our individual tasks contribute to the end goal.
- Be Prepared: Being prepared in everything we do is a key value for us as it all comes back to respect – respecting our clients and each other by being ready before meetings, briefings and communications.
- Never Settle: We place importance on having the drive to improve. We’re constantly striving to elevate the quality of our work and, ultimately, the results we achieve for our clients and the customer journey.
- Be a Radiator: We want to exude positive energy, even in the face of massive challenges. We want to see our people become contagious, inspirational leaders in their own respect.
WHAT’S THE ROLE ABOUT?
As our UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for creating an elevated design experience and best user experience for our clients and their customers, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Your day-to-day activities will typically include:
- Working collaboratively with strategists, researchers and developers.
- Communicating with clients to understand their business goals and objectives; gathering, analysing and developing detailed technical and business requirements.
- Championing and implementing best practice recommendations to clients in terms of UX practice and UI Standards.
- Delivering intuitive and user-centred solutions.
- Producing personas, user journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and working prototypes.
- Ideating, planning and implementing designs that reflect the brief.
- Preparing and presenting both UX and visual concepts to internal teams and key stakeholders for review and feedback.
- Optimising existing user interface designs.
- Creating prototypes for new product ideas.
- Testing prototypes and providing feedback.
- Communicating your design choices to the team and key stakeholders.
- Combining creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Testing new ideas before implementing.
- Conducting ongoing user research.
You’ll need to:
- Have a comprehensive, commercial portfolio that shows a high level of design thinking and a strong visual design background.
- Be equally comfortable working on and leading UX and UI projects.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Be open to receiving and implementing feedback and alteration requests.
- Be confident presenting and selling-in ideas and solutions and running workshops.
- Be detail-oriented, a critical thinker and a customer-centred problem-solver.
- Ideally have some experience working in Figma.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Internal staff.